CUSHION, SINKS AND CABINETS DOORS

Looking for something? Post it here.
4SandyButts
Articles: 0

I am in need of a quarter berth cushion for a 1978 CAL 25 - 2. Also sinks for the galley and head and cabinet doors as well. Please let me know if you have one available. Thanks.
rcvesselstyn

Hi Sandy b. I think it might be difficult coming up with your quarterberth cushion. There were less than 400 of your boats made, and it's been 40 to 45 years. So what the rest of us do is either follow the video instructions from Sailrite, or pay an upholsterer to make a new cushion. On the sinks, I've had good success with eBay. They have a vast selection and I've been able to match the dimensions without difficulty. Lastly the cabinet doors. I believe your boat has a teak interior and that potentially makes this a very expensive proposition. As distasteful as it is, I have dealt with boat salvagers in the past in order to come up with the teak trimmings for my boat. You don't say where you're located but if you search Craigslist you probably can find people offering to buy derelict boats and these Scallywags are the people you need to talk to. Most of the Cal cabinet doors were mass produced and have the same or similar dimensions so you probably don't need to find doors that are specific to a cal 2 25.
1977 Cal 2 29 Emerald Flash #964 , Isthmus, Catalina Island , California
Capn ken

Scallywags indeed ,however just as smash palaces,aka automobile wrecking yards, boat salvors play an important part in helping us keep our cherished vessels afloat . Fair winds
Jedsail

Hello - I have some parts from a Cal 2-25, such as sink, drawers, stainless steel bow and stern pulpits, winches, cleats, tiller, and
a Farymann diesel transmission. Location is CT. Joe DeMers 860 666 2184